About Me

My photo
19 years old from the UK, I have always loved a good book and a cup of tea, and am often asked to recommend books I have loved, thus created this blog in order to share my thoughts with whoever is interested. Please share recommendations if you wish!

Thursday 14 August 2014

Colorworld - Rachel.E.Kelly

This book is pretty genius, like this is clever writing. Unique and gripping.

The only problem I had with the story is, dare I say it,  it is a little 'twilight', in my opinion. However what is different about this love story as opposed to the Bella/Edward scenario is that it is not based on lust; but love. That being said you can't really escape the clawing intensity of the relationships of the book, which mainly stems from the character of Gabe. Now I could understand why people wouldn't like Gabe as a character; he is unreal in a sense that no one in the real world actually behaves the way he does (declarations of love/ very forward ect ect) however I feel that the situation and setting of the story allows him to be believable in this context. In addition to this, and I might be completely alone in this, who wants to read about a guy just like every other man out there? Not me. I want to read about someone who isn't in the real life- its a lovely change! I know, I know- I'm a sucker for knight in shining armour. 

The storyline is solid, and surprisingly easy to follow as well, with fantastic development from all the most interesting and important characters. I also want to say that the characters are in no way flat here- oh no- they are as multidimensional and changing as real life people and I love that. Its refreshing to read a book that both transports me to a world that is completely unrealistic and imaginary but also makes me believe that these characters could be walking around my world anyway. 

Another thing that I liked about the book was that it doesn't hide the fact its part of a series, if you pick up this book its only a section of the story and it leads on brilliantly to further books which I fully intend to read. It generally irritates me no end when a book could 'stand alone' from a series- when I start a series I want the writing and story to be completely invested in itself right till the end and this first instalment in the series allows for that superbly. 

This book managed to shock me, although I do personally believe that that particular section could have been dragged out longer, it offered another level to the story that was completely unexpected and was really well written. If you enjoy the supernatural/sci-fi and even mystery this is a fantastic book to read and it seems to me the series can only get better from here. 

Note: This book was sent to me to review. This is no way alters or affects my opinion of the book and I only review books sent to me that I genuinely would have considered
purchasing for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment