About Me

My photo
19 years old from the UK, I have always loved a good book and a cup of tea, and am often asked to recommend books I have loved, thus created this blog in order to share my thoughts with whoever is interested. Please share recommendations if you wish!

Wednesday 25 June 2014

The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern

This book is totally enchanting in a way that no book has ever enchanted me before. Forget Harry Potter, forget Eragon, forget all magic based books you have read in the past because The Night Circus takes magic to a whole new, completely captivating, level. Morgenstern brings both the mystical circus, as well as the characters, alive with fantastic imagery and writing that teamed with such a well crafted and woven story engulfs the reader in a world that you can't help but fall in love with. The whole book is beautiful and elegant, if not a little confusing to get to grips with in the beginning, however I struggle to think of such wonderful story telling by an author in any such similar book. As I have mentioned before, I am a sucker for a mystery and although this is not sold as your traditional mystery, it slips into the bracket perfectly and is so full of twists and turns it is impossible to put down; terribly cliche I know but its true none the less. If you enjoy a mystery but are looking for something a bit unusual then this could be perfect for you. I am one of those people that becomes far too attached to characters in books and films (enter Sherlock, the Doctor, Akkarin) and I was pleasantly surprised to find another character to add to my ever growing list; Marco. I don't want to go into too much detail as this could give away some of the story but I love this character dearly and although he is a little cliche (think classic tragic hero), the way the story is portrayed allows him to develop as well as having many more interesting elements than just what he would seem on the surface. This is such a beautiful book and I urge everyone to read it as it truly is both unusual and dazzling.

No comments:

Post a Comment