About Me

My photo
19 years old from the UK, I have always loved a good book and a cup of tea, and am often asked to recommend books I have loved, thus created this blog in order to share my thoughts with whoever is interested. Please share recommendations if you wish!

Saturday 12 September 2015

The Book Lover Quiz!

Today I thought I would do something a little different, and found some bookish questions to answer!

Hardback or trade paperback or mass market paperback?
I love a hardback however I’ll have to go with paperback as that is what I tend to buy

Amazon or brick and mortar?
Brick and mortar! Book shops are one of favourite places on earth and I think its really important we support them.

Locally owned bookshop or big name chain store?
Locally owned if I can, but I don’t mind the big chains

Bookmark or dog-ear?
Bookmark! I can’t bear to ruin books.

Alphabetize by author or alphabetize by title or random?
Random, I am far too messy

Keep, throw away, or sell?
Keep, although I do try and donate books to my local oxfam book shop as often as I can

Keep dust jacket or toss it?
Keep!

Read with dust jacket or remove it?
I tend to read with or I would lose it

Short story or novel?
Novel

Collection (short stories by same author) or anthology (short stories by different authors)?
Hmmm probably anthology as I like comparing different styles and techniques

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?
chapter breaks, but don’t be surprised if you find me still awake at 4am trying to get to the end

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”?
Dark stormy night!

Buy or borrow?
Buy but I love to lend

New or used?
Either to be honest, but I love buying used books as it feels like they have a new life

Buying choice: book reviews, recommendation or browse?
All three! But recommendations from my mum, nana and sister are sure winners!

Tidy ending or cliffhanger?
I get very frustrated with cliffhangers but I still love them!

Morning, afternoon or nighttime reading?
I tend to not have a lot of time in the morning but I can happily while away an afternoon or evening submerged in a book

Single volume or series?
Again, either!

Favorite series?
The magicians guild trilogy by Trudi Canavan


Favorite books read last year?
Probably We Were liars by E.Lockhart

Favorite books of all time?
I couldn’t say!

Thank you to the guys over at good reads for providing the questions which you can find here, http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1162432-questions-for-book-lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment